Friday, October 9, 2009

Initial Research

Have started looking into research this morning concerning games that use mechanics which place the player in a paranoid state. I have found a variety of different sources and reviews which support these claims.

I did make a mistake this morning, I initially only research games within the survival horror genre as this was the most obvious place to start my enquires. I soon came to realise that a lot of games affect the player in this way irrespective of the genre the game belongs to. I then broadened my search reading reviews on action games and first person shooters.

I did find some great articles on Gamasutra and GamesIndusrt.biz that will help support my finding. The research document is by no means complete but I believe I have made a good start to producing an academically coherent piece.

The team has a meeting this afternoon with Phil and Brian later at four so we are meeting up early so we can discuss and are findings over the last few days.

Finally I am going to make a project plan in Microsoft project, this will be a initial plan with no dates for completion set, but will be the initial frame work a cohesive well structured route for completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment